Thursday 17 August 2023

Do I really enjoy August?

August is an odd month. 
Its sunny, hot and invariably dry. Many places shrivel up through lack of rainfall, some having wild fires whilst others get more water dumped upon them in 24 hours than they know what to do with.
Me? This month was one in which I could rest my weary brain. 
Teaching a full timetable and running departments plus all the training of personnel took its toll on me. Focusing on the education and well being of the children, the expectations of the parents as well as superiors and government edicts which came thick and fast like confetti, it felt like a continuous game of catch up where I was doomed to fail.
Couple that with inspections, report writing for teachers, students, parents, government officials and social services, my life sunk into a bottomless pit of paperwork, lessons, marking, preparation and puberty.
August, then was a breath of freedom. A time when I could rise out of the pit and see the adult world. I'm not sure if I enjoyed it so much as felt relieved I had stopped the headache for a few weeks.
Within no time it was the last week of August and the new term loomed. The sickness began, the headaches returned and I was back on site sorting, ordering, organising, preparing, arranging, timetabling, distributing, meeting...... I sank back down the hole to not come back up again until that precious last week of July when I saw glimpses of the sky and felt the adult world once more.

Laundry's little helper

I wonder if many know what this is?  I had one.  It was made by Hotpoint and lasted for well over 10 years. I used it frequently...