Saturday 29 July 2023

Beauty in the rough

Out walking, meditating and enjoying the balmy weather I happened across two things which made me smile, both of which were on the pavement. 
The first was a charm. Made of imitation wood, it was a well made laughing Buddha. 
Now, if you know me well, you will be aware my house has several Buddha statues and I follow a Taoist lifestyle as best as I can. On seeing this small, laughing Buddha I picked it up and brought it home.
I will sew it onto a bag to bring me happiness  and good fortune.
The second was a snapdragon. 

Nestled close in on the curb, it blossomed with all its might. 
I hope it seeds before it is removed by some roadsweeping machine.

Laundry's little helper

I wonder if many know what this is?  I had one.  It was made by Hotpoint and lasted for well over 10 years. I used it frequently...