Monday 19 June 2023

A short walk .... pah!

I had a lovely walking meditation this morning and felt revived afterwards. The only trouble was, I really didn't have anything planned for today so felt at a loose end once I'd had lunch.
Having no bread whatsoever in the house I thought I'd be a good idea to get some, going the long way round to the shops which are less than 250 metres away.
Mm, short walk? Well it maybe four and a bit kilometres but the terrain was poor and it was rarely level ground. Not a route to take in the winter that's for sure. It'd be boggy and by the looks of some places, a stream.
So the route followed the side of a field, along a long, narrow path down to the drive of a house called The Yews and then onto a semi metal road, only to then retrace through another field and then along a field border woodland.
I'll do it again now I know the route but when its cooler and I'm not resembling a turkey cock again that's daft.
The parched earth was apparent with crops growing poorly in most fields 
I feel for the farmers, their yields are going to be down again this year with more of them tearing up any plans for arable in the future.
We need rain. This drought has come too early and unless we have a wet spell, we are going to resemble 1976 in this area; brown, half dead and desperate.
I forgot the bread.
I cooled off and went out again. The direct route this time.

Laundry's little helper

I wonder if many know what this is?  I had one.  It was made by Hotpoint and lasted for well over 10 years. I used it frequently...