Sunday 23 July 2023

Out of action for a while me thinks

The great garden cleanup has begun after being away for three weeks. The amount of growth was palpable and the seeding, well, I'm going to have fun if this lot all comes into bloom next year.
But my biggest problem isn't the weeds, the inability to get up the path because of overgrowth, but a nest of garden bumble bees who have taken up residence in one of my composting bins.
I can lift the lid, I can add stuff but I can't stir the contents and I discovered why only too quickly.
Up came a cloud of bumble bees looking for the threat. Nope, they can have the bin for now, I have two more I can use. 

Laundry's little helper

I wonder if many know what this is?  I had one.  It was made by Hotpoint and lasted for well over 10 years. I used it frequently...