Wednesday 12 April 2023

Its 2pm and I'm hungry...

You know those days when the wind gusts at 50mph and the rain is more like horizontal shards which sting your face and freeze you to the core? Well today is certainly one of those days. The sounds of planes coming in low to avoid the worst of the weather as they prepare to land at Gatwick have all but fallen silent.

The corrugated roof on the burnt out house opposite rattles with intent and the plastic sheeting, so carefully attached to the scaffolding rips itself free from its shackles, flapping freely. The noise is horrendous, but more importantly, I'm hungry.....
I open the fridge...
Not a lot is there? Carrots, broccoli, tofu,  two tomatoes and lactofree mature cheddar (which I've grown allergic to) and two containers of Thai red curry. I really need to visit the shops but.....
I look out the window.
Sheets of rain are making their way up our road, trees bending in the wind......
🤔 I think I'll improvise for today..... ooh, just spotted the last of the pak choi now that gives me an idea 🥰

Laundry's little helper

I wonder if many know what this is?  I had one.  It was made by Hotpoint and lasted for well over 10 years. I used it frequently...